Vaping is a great way to enjoy nicotine in a way that doesn’t annoy those around you, isn’t incredibly harmful to your body and will save you money over time. But when it comes to buying a vaping device and e-liquid, your choices can make this seem overwhelming.
It shouldn’t be! Choosing the right vape means going with your personal preference for rig size, flavour, and budget. There’s no wrong answer here – just different options for enjoying the vapour!
Choose the Right Vape Device
Any vaping device is made up of parts consistent across brands, whether it’s a mechanical design or a complete system: the tank, the coil, vape mods, batteries, and e-liquid. They might look different, but these are the components common to most vaping devices.
- The tank is where the e-juice, wicks, and heating coil is stored.
- The coil, or atomizer, is a bit of wire wound up and surrounded by an absorbent material, such as cotton, that will absorb the e-juice. The atomizer heats up, creating vapour out of the e-liquid. The most popular kind of atomizer is the clearomizer, which is a tank that is simple to fill and has an easily replaceable coil. The cartridge and cartomizer is another type, considered disposable, and it has a restrictive airflow, which gives it a less flavourful “draw”.
- Vape mods house the batteries, connected to the atomizer to deliver the electric “juice” that heats up the coil
- Batteries power the vaping device. Some batteries are rechargeable, while others need to be replaced when empty.
- E-liquid is the juice heated to create the vapour. It’s a mix of nicotine (levels vary – more on that soon), flavouring, and either propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, or a mix.
Regardless of the different models, every vaping device will use these components to work. Depending on your experience and lifestyle, you have a number of choices at your disposal:
- Beginners can use a starter kit to figure out what flavours and models work best for their lifestyle. Starter kits, as the name suggests, provides everything the first-timer will need. Pen-style devices are also good, as they’re easy to refill, discrete, and inexpensive. A lot of users start with Juul, but there are different models for those who want to stand out from the crowd a bit more.
- Intermediate users can up their models with higher voltage, different atomizers, and more customization. As the user gets used to vaping and how it delivers nicotine to the system, they can make more choices to heighten the flavour and experience.
- The experienced vaper can confidently take on customizable, mechanical rigs. Squonk mods and boxes are one example of creative, all-in-one devices. Mechanical vaping devices are creative, but are advisable only for experienced users, as the parts and lack of protection can be harmful to rookies.
The Right Vaporizer E-Liquid: Flavour
E-liquid comes in almost any flavour you can dream of, and when starting out, go with a flavour that is pleasant to you. Whether it’s a favourite fruit, cocktail, candy, or even pastry, it’s fairly easy to find the right e-liquid: go with your favourite flavour!
For those looking to quit smoking, e-liquid also comes in tobacco-flavouring blends that imitate popular cigarette brands. It can help you hit that craving as you transition out of your addiction.
The Right Vaporizer E-Liquid: Nicotine
Vaping liquid, known as e-juice or e-liquid, is what you need to create the actual vapour. You don’t need a nicotine-filled e-liquid to enjoy vaping, but it can really go a long way to satisfy nicotine cravings among recovering smokers. This is why e-liquid comes in different strengths, and you can choose your favourite flavour in the strength you prefer.
The levels are usually expressed as milligrams per millilitre (mg/ml):
- 3 – 6 mg/ml is considered low, and is appropriate for light smokers who go through maybe half a pack a day.
- 9 – 12 mg/ml is considered average, and it’s a good choice for people who smoke one pack a day.
- 18 – 42 mg/ml is considered high-to-very high, and should be used by heavy smokers looking to quit.
Picking too high a dosage can give you a headache and leave you feeling sick. If you’re a smoker and are unsure, start with a medium e-liquid, and raise or lower the level based on how it affects your craving. You can also find e-liquids with no nicotine for if you just want to enjoy the delicious flavour! Call us today to help choose the right vape for you.